1. Can I join the cruise late or leave it early?
Yes at the full cost of the 11 day tour.
2. Can special dietary concerns be accommodated?
Please let Scenic know of any dietary concerns and they will try to accommodate it in their onboard meals.
3. What are the seating arrangements in the Crystal Dining Room?
The Crystal Dining rooms are single dining sessions with open, unreserved seating. The restaurant manager is responsible for the seating arrangements.
4. What is the electrical voltage on the ships? Scenic's ships use 220V electricity. A power adaptor will be required to use any devices that only work on 110V. Scenic does not provide the required adaptors.
5. Are there hairdryers in the cabins? Hairdryers are available in all cabins on Scenic's river cruise ships.
6. What clothing do I need to pack? Scenic recommends casual and comfortable clothing. Please bring comfortable walking shoes as you will need these daily while sightseeing. This can include walking over rough and uneven ground. Closed-toe shoes are recommended to keep out the dust and sand. Dinner attire is casual: open-neck shirts, slacks and dresses. Coats and ties may be worn but are not required.
7. When must all fees be paid? An initial deposit of 10% must be paid to Scenic at time of tour purchase. The balance of the tour purchase is due as follows:
• 256 days prior to departure | 30% of Tour/cruise Price
• 180 days prior to departure | 30% of Tour/cruise Price
• 120 days prior to departure | 30% of Tour/cruise Price plus port charges
Please reference the Terms and Conditions for full payment details.
8. Are children permitted on the cruise? Yes, children over the age of 12 are very welcome. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times and must share accommodation with the parent or legal guardiant. Note: Limit of two people per cabin.
9. What currency will I need to bring? For small purchases ashore or in small towns, local currency in Euros is advantageous. Many locations accept major credit cards. ATM's are located onshore at some stops. Prior to departure you should confirm your ATM card and PIN will work overseas. All purchases on board are charged to your shipboard account. The on board currency on Scenic river cruise ships is the Euro. Shipboard accounts can be paid in Euro cash or by credit card.
10. What sort of fitness level do I require to travel? Scenic welcomes you if you have a disability or other special need, provided you are able to care for yourself or are accompanied by a companion capable of providing all the assistance you require. Please note that although we will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with all the activities on your Itinerary, depending on your disability, you may not be able to participate in every activity and Scenic's Cruise Director will have the right to refuse your participation if they believe your health and safety or the health and safety of other passengers may be impacted by your participation. You must advise Scenic of any disability, medical condition or dietary requirement at the time of booking. It is not possible for large coaches to be used for some city sightseeing therefore many towns and cities will be visited by way of walking tours and accordingly, a reasonable level of fitness is required.
11. Do I require travel insurance? We strongly recommend that you purchase travel cancellation insurance. For further information, please contact Scenic's cruise specialists at 1-855-863-8683. Scenic also partners with a well-known global insurance company to offer, for the first time, river cruising travel insurance. Click here to learn more about Scenic's River Cruise Guarantee. Europe: · Much of Europe is based on a myriad of old buildings and there are split-levels, steps and uneven surfaces everywhere. High-heeled shoes are not suitable for cobblestone streets and steep inclines in medieval towns and cities. It is essential to have comfortable, rubber-soled walking shoes. · Due to the amount of walking on your cruise shore excursions, which typically run for up to 3 hours, a reasonable level of fitness is required.
Please Note: Scenic reserves the right, at its discretion to cancel your booking and refund the money paid by you, less any unrecoverable costs, if it is deemed you are not suitable for the trip booked. It is your responsibility to advise Scenic of any pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you requiring medical attention, or that might affect the normal conduct of a trip and the enjoyment of other trip participants.
• All gratuities on board and on shore.
• Group transfers from Paris airport on cruise start and end dates.
• Unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages all day, every day (some conditions apply as set out in the Terms and Conditions) throughout the ship.
• Complimentary stocked mini-bar.
• Complimentary excursions (Scenic Free Choice) in every port as agreed to with The Globe and including the Shore Excursions added by The Globe to the Itinerary listed in the table at Subsection I – Additional Information below.
• Scenic Enrich experiences.
• Scenic Sundowners to toast the sunset.
• Up to six different dining venues including Table La Rive food and wine pairing for guests on the Diamond Deck, L’Amour fine dining restaurant, room service, Crystal Dining Room and Sun Terrace, subject to customary hours of operation.
• Captain’s Welcome and Farewell receptions and dinners. • Meals as specified in the itinerary
• Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
• State-of-the-art Mac mini-infotainment system in every stateroom and suite
• Scenic Riverview onboard commentary
• Complimentary use of our Scenic Tailormade GPS devices for independent discoveries
• Complimentary use of e-bikes.
• Authentic local onboard entertainment
• Butler service in every category.
• Laundry concierge (1kg) per cabin once during the cruise.
• River Cruise Guarantee (link to Scenic Luxury Tours for details - https://www.scenic.ca/coverage) provided by ACE Insurance Limited, A Chubb Company ABN 23 001 642 020 AFSL No. 239687 of 28 O’Connell Street Sydney, New South Wales, 2000 (Chubb).
• Economy airfare included for Customers (if booked by November 30th, 2018) from their departure city within Canada to Charter departure city.